The SFAA is committed to providing financial professionals with opportunities for continuing professional development.
Diplomas and designations
- Associate Wealth Manager, Federal Diploma of Higher Education
- Associate Wealth Manager AWM®
- Expert in wealth management with Advanced Federal Diploma
- Certified International Wealth Manager CIWM®
Financial analysis and portfolio management
- Financial Analyst and portfolio manager with Advanced Federal Diploma
- Certified International Investment Analyst CIIA®
Financial Market Operations
- Technician in financial market operations with Federal Diploma
- Expert in financial market operations FMO® with Advanced Federal Diploma
These are just the designations awarded by SFAA. You may naturally use other letters and designations as well. This also includes the CEFA (Certified European Financial Analyst) formerly awarded by SFAA. This has been replaced by the CIIA and is no longer awarded by SFAA. The CEFA designation can naturally continue to be used.
Note: the holder of a CEFA may not exchange it for another designation (e.g. CIIA) without authorisation. Candidates who wish to gain the CIIA must sit part of the final examination (Final l and Final ll).